September 21, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window It is still dark outside. No moon, no stars. Just a black, quiet morning.

I am thinking about weddings, deaths, family reunions, graduations, lesson plans, losing more weight, ironing, bible study tomorrow night, cozy fall evenings and the smell of apple butter simmering in the crockpot, fall crafting with our soon to be 8 year old....need I go on?

I am thankful for oh so many things! First of all, I'm thankful for the Word of God. It reassures me that the Lord is with me, He loves me, and He won't leave me where I sit today. I'm also thankful for an antique rocking chair we found at a garage sale Saturday. According to the man who sold it, it's circa 1900. It's Cherry wood and in mint condition! The chair was in his antique store, but he was quitting the business and just wanted to get rid of everything. He sold the chair to us for 5.00 dollars!

From the kitchen: I need to make granola and bake some cookies. The cookie jar is just about empty!


I am wearing
a huge, comfy dress. I bought it years ago when I was huge, to wear to my niece's wedding. It's so big that now I use it for a nightgown.


I am creating...nothing at present. Hmmm....

I am going to stay home today, do some school, some baking, and some laundry.


I am reading 1st, 2nd, and 3rd John over and over again in preparation for a bible study that starts tomorrow at our church.


I am hoping
to find some time to make a few cards this week and begin the tedious task of organizing and sorting pictures that need to scrapbooked.


I am hearing
a clock tick tocking away, cars driving by and the hum of our computer.

Around the house...dust bunnies need to be ferreted out, a mountain of ironing is calling my name, and the windows need to be washed. Exciting stuff, eh?


One of my favorite things is getting up while it's still dark outside and the house is quiet. It's the only time I get to be alone and think uninterrupted thoughts.


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Right now I just need to takle my to-do list, but it seems like unexpected things pop up that take priority, so who knows?

This is one of my favorite pictures of our two oldest sons. I wonder where the time has gone?



To read more Daybooks visit Peggy @ The Simple Woman's Daybook. I hope you have a wonderful Monday!

3 comments:

  1. ah, I too enjoy getting up while it's still dark outside and the house is quiet. I enjoyed your daybook and your blog. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new background! I love fall. I love hearing about your day. Having you back is like a big bowl of Mom's potato soup. Warm, comforting, fulfilling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely new design! I like it much.

    Mmm....you mentioned apple butter simmering...remember last year when Matt Harris called you "The Apple Butter Making Goddess"? :-)

    I have something to add to your to-do list/plans for the week....reply to my emails. Please? With apple butter on top?

    Love,
    Alex

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.