Either way, I am back. What a week! We had so much fun and are now somewhat refreshed.
I have several things to write about, but for now I think I'll do a meme Ann @ More Questions Than Answers tagged me with. I enjoy memes so here goes:
The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
1. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
2. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
3. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
Q. What were you doing five years ago today?
1. Wow. I can't remember that far back....
Probably freaking out because I was planning our oldest son's sssenior year of hhhiiigh sssschool and wondering about the core 40 and his transcript and helping him get ready to go to SUMMIT. (Which I highly recommend if you have kids 17 or older!)
2. Probably freaking out because I was planning our second son's sssophomore year of hhhiiigh sssschool and wondering about the core 40 and his transcript.
3. It's a long story, but we were also looking for a new home because our old home was no longer "available" to us.
4. If I remember correctly, 5 years ago I was also slowly walking into a time of anger, resentment, and rebellion in my relationship with the Lord and in my marriage.
5. On a lighter note, I'm sure I was enjoying our little guy-he would've been 1 1/2 at the time!
Q. 5 things on your to do list today.
1. Take our 3rd son to work and run some errands.(done)
2. Get my hair chopped off. (done)
3. Gather stuff from around the house that belongs to our oldest son; he moved out last night.
3. Try not to sob as I think about #2.
4. Bake cookies and make granola in our crock pot.
5. Our 3rd son is moving into the now empty bedroom that used to be our oldest son's.
That will mean a lot of organizing, painting, furniture rearranging, etc. I need to plan and start on all that.
Q. 5 snacks you enjoy.
3. Chocolate Chip cookies
4. Nuts and raisins mixed together
5. Pretzels and an orange eaten at the same time
Q. 5 things you would do if you were a billionaire
1. Hire a financial planner/advisor
2. Buy a house out in the country where we could have chickens, Pygmy goats, a cow, etc.
3. Adopt a baby
4. Help our kids, families etc.
5. Save for our retirement and GIVE THE REST AWAY. (I don't want that kind of money!)
Q. 5 jobs you have had.
2. Waitress (got fired from that job)
3. Reservations Manager
4. Photographer for a rafting company in Colorado
5. Preschool teacher
Q. 5 people you want to tag.
1. Hannah @ handing Him the pen
2. Michelle @ Morning by Morning
3. Grafted Branch @Restoring the Years
4. Wani @Wani's World
5. Jen @ Blessings